July 1, 2007

The List: Julio de 2007

The Forecast: Julio 2007
(yes people, that's Spanish for "July")

Julio '07 Style: U street chic because I gotta give a shout out to my ‘hood.

Julio '07 Color: Yellow, yellow, yellow because Reese kicked it all off with her yellow Oscar® dress (and those ab-fab red shoes) and it’s reaching the masses in time for summer!

Julio '07 Celebrity: Princess Diana, because this People's Princess was taken from us way too soon. Kudos to Princes Harry (heart) and William (double heart) with her celebration: the Concert for Diana.

Julio '07 Accessory: Adopted children, Jolie-Pitt style (P.S. I’m waiting on South America, you guys), because say what you want about them, they’ve 'popularized' adoption and brought attention to many third-world countries.

Julio '07 Developing Country: Chile, natch, because I was born there (Viña del Mar represent).

Julio '07 Guilty Pleasure: Bacon! because ever since that life-altering BLT in Miami, I haven't been able to get enough.

Julio '07 Woman: Jen Moseley, because her blogging over at Feministing reminds me that I’m so not even funny at all (it’s good to be grounded, it’s good to be grounded, it's good to be grounded).

Julio '07 Anticipation: Do I go with Paris getting out of jail, or the iPhone? Both are equally annoying, over-hyped merchandise, but like a moth to a flame… whatever, it’s a draw.

Julio '07 Politician: Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, because I like how she kept the “Rodham” for the Senate, but lost it for her historic campaign for president. ** This doesn’t mean I’m endorsing her, it just means that I enjoy her v. much. It’s still too early to decide, if you ask me (and you are, because you're reading this).

Julio '07 Obsession: BLTs because of B-I-G, P-O-P-P-A down in Miami… I just can’t get enough. Sigh.

Julio '07 Hobby: Amateur speed-walking, because I did a little thing called the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer May 4-5. You may have heard me mention it...

Julio '07 DC Watering Hole: Big Hunt (see my previous post: Party Poopers), because a can of fake-poop couldn’t keep me away!

Julio '07 Food: Uhhh, bacon. (SEE: obsession and guilty-pleasure)

Julio '07 Treat: Snoasis snoballs in Timonium, MD because nothing says summer like a snoball, Maryland-style.

Julio '07 Drink: (I’ve gotta start this off right) Diet Coke because ain’t nothing better.

Julio '07 Catch-Phrase: “Go plantains!” because Lizzo is the mix-master of the next generation.

Julio '07 Blog: dooce, because this woman makes me laugh, cry, and smile all in one blogpost.

Julio '07 Journalist/Reporter: Nick Kristoff because without him, I wouldn’t know about Kiva or the fascinating world of micro-financing.

Julio '07 Charity: Kiva, because this organization is helping the world's poorest people help themselves straight out of poverty. Curious how? Just ask me about it. I love to talk about this. And other subjects. Like Disney. And Spring Awakening. And Chipotle burritos. Uh, anywho.

Julio '07 Read: "Banker to the Poor" by Muhammad Yunus, because this man is new my new hero. (Sorry Dr. Ben Carson)

Julio '07 Record: “Lollipop” by Mika, because his recent concert at the 9:3o club was bananas... erm, plantains!

Julio '07 DC restaurant: Casa Oaxaca, because it was the best Oaxacan meal I've had in a long time. Sure, it's the only Oaxacan meal I've ever had, but let's not focus on that. I suggest the mojito, Rellenitos de Platano Macho (plantains stuffed with black beans), and the Mole Amarillo (yellow, spicy mole sauce over chicken)... Plus, this kick-ass restaurant birthed the Julio '07 catch-phrase: Go plantains!

Julio '07 Quote: "I'm incendiary too, man!" from Almost Famous because I so overlooked that movie for way too long.

Julio '07 Love-to-Hate: Beyonce, because to know me is to know that I don't like "Armpit Queen." Just ask Perez Hilton.

Julio '07 Hate-to-Love: Tony Blair, because up until the War in Iraq, this man was the apple of my eye. He effed up, and now he's no longer PM, but I still miss the guy. And I know that's wrong.

Julio '07 Birthdays: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can think of just one: Ben R. Happy (almost) 3rd Birthday, little man!

(This is the gospel according to molly j.)

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Molly--how could you overlook Hohan turning 21 in July? Come on, I expect better of you!

Unknown said...

Alright, you got me. I made a loan to Maria Guadalupe Lopez Guiterrez, a single mother who runs a beauty salon out of her home in Apodaca, N. L., Mexico. :)