July 1, 2007

writing a list

List-making is da bomb. It totally is. Also bomb? My opinions. Um hum, that's right.

So obviously, I'm going to have to give you a monthly list of my faves (because even though you act like you don't care, I know you do). It's basically a shout-out to all that I'm talking about, reading about, caring about for any given month. Because I know I'm going to want to know what I was into back in the day. I already wonder, and you'll learn to wonder about me too. I'll add and delete categories as they relate to my current mood/feeling, but I intend for the basic list will remain the same.

But the question remains: How do I present my faves list to you in a way that will ensure you actually care, and better yet, eagerly anticipate this list? Hmmm...

Back when I was still considering the use of "Faux-Latina" as my new blog name, I decided that I was going to run with the "faux" concept, and base my monthly 'must' list off of that (i.e. the FAUX color, the FAUX pas, etc.). But that makes little sense now.

So I went back to basics, and looked towards my predecessors: Hot list? Must list? "What To" list? "What not to" list? Good solid names, but it doesn't jump out and grab ya. So I must think on it. In the meantime, I'll just list it out, boring-style, to get the juices flowing. (I know y'all have better ideas, so please! Don't hold back... leave your ideas in the comments section or send me an email.)

Ok, I'm tired of me blabbing... Let's DO this!

(post will be up by the end of today)

No comments: