July 3, 2007

Tuesday is the new Friday

Tuesday is the new Friday. Have you heard? (We have off for the rest of the week, so today is killing me)

But, as JM pointed out, we really can't handle another "Tuesday-Friday."

As I prepare to leave for my fabulous Fenwick Island Beach vacation, I must admit I'm fondly remembering my first work-"Tuesday-Friday"... also known as "The day we took back Congress."

Pull up a chair and read on...

It all started with some highly enjoyable GOTV work in Bucks County, PA on election day, followed by some torrential downpour driving and late-night poll watching, enjoyed with an dash of no sleep, coupled with two crazy-beautiful days of trying-to-function-at-work, and one late night happy hour at Old Ebbitt, and it ended with Mackey's. Natch. Because we took back Congress.

I was counting on my late-night paycheck so that I could pay my bar tab... hmmm, sounds familiar:
I then proceeded to attempt to walk home b/c I had no money, and wouldn't until midnight (when I got paid)... Literally- I tried to get money out, and the ATM screamed "insufficient funds" at me, so I tried to coax LM to wait until midnight when I'd surely have the deposit available. Lucky for me, LM threw me a $20 and made me cab it home. But really- that's another story for another time.
But despite my severe lack-of-funds, JM was there to remind me that it was Tuesday-Friday: the one day that happens, erm, not too often, that must be celebrated with beer, liquor, and the like. Plus- we just took back Congress - did I mention that?

So, with 2.5 hours of sleep in roughly a week, I toasted Tuesday-Friday & our new, Democratic Congress... like the pathetic drinker I am. And waited until midnight to pay my bar tab... like the poor non-profit worker that I am.

And so, when confronted with another possible Tuesday-Friday, I was sheepish. Instead, I shall toast to the new Tuesday-Friday (in my head) on my blog and wish my (bored) readers a happy Tuesday-Friday.

No comments: