March 5, 2008

Yes! She! Can!

Last night provided a happy end to what was a no-good, very-bad day. Hillary won (as she needed to) Rhode Island, Ohio, AND Texas! It felt sooooo good, especially because I had forgotten how it felt to have my candidate win. To honor these wins, I wanted to find the Dixie Chicks song that plays at all her events which, no joke, gives me shivers and brings my emotional-self to tears with the thought of her as president! She's ready to run...


In her email to supporters last night, Hillary said:
It's a pretty incredible feeling, isn't it? After our victories tonight we have the momentum, thanks to your will, determination, and hard work.

Some people were ready to count us out. But you and I proved them wrong, just as we have every time they tried to declare this race over prematurely. And we're going to keep showing them exactly what we can do.

We're going to do it for everyone across America who's been counted out -- but refused to be knocked out. For everyone who's stumbled -- but stood right back up. And for everyone who works hard -- but never gives up. [Emphasis mine]

I hope you enjoy our victories tonight as much as I am [Ed. Note - I DID!]. We won this one together, and that makes it that much better. Thank you so very much for all you have done for our campaign. Let's build on this remarkable momentum.

Thank you for everything you did to make this night possible.
All the best, Hillary
I'll admit it - I'm a sucker for the bit about "everyone across America who's been counted out... but refused to be knocked out." It makes me misty-eyed and hopeful. So with that, Hillary earned another shiny 20 dollar bill from moi. That should put her over the top, I'm sure.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Your post inspired me to make my first contribution to Hillary. I want her to win so bad it hurts. I hope that isn't too cheesy...