February 14, 2008

Wake-Up Call: Sweetheart Edition

Valentine's Day is for suckers.



According to staffers, Chris Matthews "apologizes -- sometimes with a hug and a declaration of love -- after inappropriate remarks," and he also "offers unsolicited romantic advice" (Washington Post).

"Because she's got more balls than anyone else I know. Wait, can I say that?" -- a San Antonio woman, asked why she’s supporting HRC ("Political Radar").

"I thought Cher was pretty hot" -- Obama, when asked "Sonny & Cher or Donny & Marie" (People).

"I'm sure you are going to heaven" -- Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-isenfranchised), closing her remarks to Roger Clemens (Roll Call).

The NYC condom has a new look and a new ad campaign urging New Yorkers to
"get some" (New York Sun).

The "'Bitch set me up' -- The Marion Barry Appreciation Society" Facebook group "boasts nearly 900 members" ("Yeas & Nays").

No comments: